Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Keeping busy but out of trouble ...

I've mostly been too busy to update. Mostly work but some fun as well.
Went out to dinner Friday last with K.E., a colleague from work. We'd planned to meet up with some other international faculty but couldn't find any. Fried chicken and beer. I actually walked all the way home -- just because. It's quite a ways.
Saturday I was supposed to meet up with one of my other language exchange partners but she was ill.

Joined the English language study group Sunday afternoon. Chatted for awhile and then had dinner at the Holy Grille, an international restaurant in downtown Daegu. We were a bit disappointed in the food which all the Koreans found too oily.



Monday K.E., his wife A., and daughter attended an organ concert with me.  Pretty spectacular. The photo is of Adams Chapel at Keimyung and that is a pretty serious instrument. One of the music teachers was retiring. She actually welcomed me to the concert but I didn't realize who she was at first. Very gracious lady and a very moving event.

Adams Chapel is actually up a pretty serious hill. I walked there and back after the reception. Quite a view.


Finally, in other exciting news, I cooked a chicken in the microwave. Since I don't have a conventional oven (they're rare in Korea) the only way to "roast" a chicken is in the microwave. Turned out edible though a little bland (need to get more spices and such). Had it with some steamed vegetables (also made in the microwave) and salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment